Monday, February 20, 2006

Emulation of Hamlet’s Third Soliloquy

Houndstooth Sole-iloquy
By: Me

To heel or not heel – that is the question:
Whether ‘tis nobler in the sole to suffer
The slings and toe wedge of outrageous shoes.
Or to take flats against a world of halls
And by flats, avoid the pain.

To heel up, to slip into flats –
No more, by heeling up to say I am
Young the heels will carry me through
What each day holds –
‘Tis fashion dilemma
My sole doth suffer.

To heel, to flat –
To flat, to be shadowed by a freshman, Ay there’s the problem,
For to suffer shortness from the likes of a freshman
Is to be forced to hide, rather to be seen so low
Makes the shoes debate
That is my reasons
What a faux pas to be in flats!

For why would I not want to strut my heels?
They’re oh so fabulous,
Houndstooth always cheers me up,
And in flats my eye always strays longingly
To each heeled foot I see,
Such sultry shoes on others,
And me in flats
That heels may be the wiser choice,
Why should my mind and body ache for
the high heeled arch when they need not?

Why should I heed to common sense,
Just to regret the choice of flats for the hours of the day?
But add the horrors of crossing a freakishly tall freshman
Such an unknown requires the best of footwear,
Three inch houndstooth pumps
While I stand my soul pondering, my soles
Wishing of fabulous pumps
Instead should I take the easy way out?

As I weigh the risks of choosing the wrong pair, I fear I must choose
The bliss of well fashioned stilettos
The ugh of shapeless, ratty excuses for footwear
And alas the moment of choice has come,
With thoughts to choose both I must go
with my sole, Houndstooth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home